Arts Academic Advising supports the academic success of the faculty’s 12,500 undergraduate students. From the point of admission, Advising provides programs and services to help students make informed and thoughtful decisions about their academic path throughout their degree program.
All Arts students have access to Arts Academic Advising. In addition:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) students also have access to specialization-specific department advisors.
- Bachelor of International Economics (BIE) and Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS) students also have access to degree program advisors.
Contact information is available on department and degree program websites.
How we help:
- Ease students’ transition to university life, including support with the course selection and registration process
- Give ongoing support and encouragement to students as they experience questions/concerns with their coursework
- Provide targeted assistance to students who are having academic difficulty and may be in danger of academic probation or failure
- Make appropriate referrals to other campus resources as needed (eg., Counselling Services, Access and Diversity, Student Health)
- Adjudicate student graduation
- Provide targeted services/support to Aboriginal students and International students with specialized teams of advisors
Faculty and Staff
- Collaborate with units across campus on initiatives to support student success
- Work with Department Advisors who are supporting students in their program specializations
- Assist and support faculty with academic concession cases and aiding students in distress
- Inform and connect faculty and staff to resources available to students across campus
Four ways to contact Advising
Call or visit our Information Desk
Our information desk and phone staff can answer many of your general questions.
Please Note: During peak periods it may take up to three business days to receive a reply.
Quick Question? Ask Advising on Facebook. Our Arts Peer Advisors visit our Facebook page daily (Mon-Fri) to answer your advising related questions in visitor posts.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK