Committee Membership ’14W
Chair: Tom Scholte
Keith Bunnell ex officio
Nancy Campbell ex officio
Janet Giltrow ex officio
Curriculum Proposals and Guidelines can be found here
Please note that the Senate has specific formatting guidelines for all Category 2 proposals.
The FACC requires electronic copies [WORD] of all Category 1 and 2 proposal forms emailed to arts.curriculum(at)ubc.ca. Please submit each proposal (including Category 2’s) by a separate email and the Subject line should be the abbreviated department followed by the new course name if applicable (ie. ASIA PUNJ 102)
All other documentation can be sent via email [PDF] with originals to follow by campus mail to:
Arts Curriculum Committee
c/o Dean’s Office – Buchanan A240 – 1866 Main Mall (campus mail: zone 1)
Phone: Lois Nightingale 604-822-6700
Category One Proposals require the following in this order:
- Course Outline or Syllabus – For new courses only, to be submitted in WORD with clear formatting (no headings, etc)
- Budgetary Impact Form (signed by the Department Head or Director)
*Please note that you are required to give consultants at least 10 working days to complete a Curriculum Consultation Request.
The Faculty of Arts Curriculum Committee requires that all documentation be received by the following dates. All Committees, both within Arts and at the Senate level, require material at least 14 days prior to the date of the meeting.
The Faculty of Arts Curriculum Committee meets monthly between September and May. Materials must be submitted on the last Wednesday of the Month to ensure they will be reviewed at the upcoming Arts Curriculum Meeting (normally held on the 2nd Wednesday of the Month).
For 2015 Winter
- February 25, 2015: Last Day to submit Category ONE proposals for the 2015 Winter Session so that the SISC will be updated in time for June registration. This leads to the March 2015 Faculty of Arts Meeting and then to the April Senate Committee for Curriculum Changes and then to the May 2013 UBC Senate Meeting.
- April 14, 2015: Last Day to submit Category TWO proposals for the June Calendar Update.
For 2016 Summer
- August 31, 2015: Last Day to submit Category ONE proposals to ensure they will be captured in the 2016 Summer session.
- September 28, 2015: Last Day to submit Category TWO proposals to ensure they will be inputted into the February Calendar update.
For 2016 Winter
- February 24, 2016: Last Day to submit Category ONE proposals to ensure they will be approved in time for the 2016 Winter session.
- March 23, 2016: Last Day to submit Category TWO proposals to ensure they will be inputted into the June Calendar update
PLEASE NOTE: Curriculum changes go through a lengthy approval process. The dates above are approximate. Do not leave your proposals to the last minute as they may be delayed.
Category 2 proposals are incorporated at scheduled times throughout the year when the UBC Calendar is updated.