The Faculty of Arts is pleased to announce the 2015 – 2016 Arts Graduate Student Research Awards for PhD and MA students. These awards are designed to help Graduate students with their research program associated with their degree. Awards are up to $1000 and are to cover the costs of travel and other research-related expenses (but not conference or workshop attendance and travel).
The Faculty of Arts Research Awards are to assist graduate students (PhD and MA) based in the Faculty in research directly associated with their degree program. Funds can be used for travel and direct research expenses.
Terms of Award:
- These awards are for research-related expenses only, and applicants need to make clear how the funds will be used and how they directly relate to the program of research.
- Awards are for up to $1000.
- Students may only hold this award once during their degree program.
- Awards must be used within one year of the date the grant is awarded.
- Travel expenses are permitted, however funds cannot be used for conference or workshop attendance.
- Salaries (for the applicant or for others) cannot be funded with these awards.
- Funds are released to a research grant held by the applicant’s primary supervisor.
Please complete the attached application form, which must be signed by your thesis supervisor, and submit it to Pam Forsberg by February 13th, 2015.
Arts Grants Facilitator
Buchanan Block E, Room E163
1866 Main Mall, Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z1
Campus Mail – ZONE 1
Adjudication of awards will be undertaken by a committee chaired by the Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies (Mike Richards). Notification of awards will be made in March, 2015 and can be used between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016.
For queries related to this award please contact Ikuko Takahashi.
The application form is available here.