AURA provides funding to Arts Faculty members that enables them to hire Arts undergraduate research assistants for work on start-up or continuing research projects. By participating in these projects, AURA-funded assistants contribute to and learn about scholarly inquiry. Here are just a few of the projects previously funded by AURA:
- Analyzing Musqueam history through the study of archaeological data;
- Researching the origins of sovereign debt in sixteenth-century Spain;
- Researching for a new edition of the Dictionary of Canadian English;
- Parent-adolescent conversation and psycho-physiological responses;
- Screening movies in Vancouver 1898-1929;
- Globalization and Canadian Youth in the 1970s;
- The uses of a Chinese martyr: Yue Fei in history and memory;
- Assessing the social and neighbourhood-level determinants of obesity in New York City;
- The role of interaction in infant language acquisition;
- Outsourcing of clinical trials to India and the problem of therapeutic misunderstanding;
- An annotated filmography of Latin America on screen.
We are pleased to announce that funding for this program remains an Arts priority. Once again, we invite faculty to imagine collegial roles in research for undergraduates.For more information, please contact Marcy Caouette.
Please submit applications to
Office of the Dean
Buchanan Block A, Room 240
1866 Main Mall, Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z1
Campus Mail – ZONE 1
Download Application Form
|2016 Faculty of Arts Undergraduate Research Awards (AURA)
APPLICATION FORM & INSTRUCTIONS
2016 AURA Application Word
2016 AURA Application PDF
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To be eligible to hold an AURA grant, the principal investigator and all co-investigators must have a UBC Instructor appointment or higher, and the length of the contract must exceed the end date of the AURA grant (normally August 31st).