Looking for a career that will help to make the world a better place? The final Arts Career Conversations event of 2021/22 features a panel of UBC Arts alumni working across a variety of industries in jobs committed to the betterment of society.
Find out how their Arts degree inspired their professional journey and discover how to build your own career in social change. This is an opportunity to learn about diverse career paths related to social change and to hear useful advice on how you can use your Arts degree to positively impact your community.
- Mandy Bhullar (BA’16, PSYCH)
Senior Manager – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Action, lululemon
- Miguel Rozo (BA’15, IR)
Policy Advisor – Office of Human Rights, Freedoms & Inclusion, Global Affairs Canada
- Carmen Watson (BA’18, Hons, IR/HIST)
Bilingual Equity & Inclusion Strategist – Bakau Consulting
- Brandon Yan (BA’09, HIST)
Executive Director – Out on Screen
A moderated panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A with the audience.
For all in-person events, UBC is complying with the BC Provincial Health Orders to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all attendees. With that in mind, please make note of the following:
- Non-medical masks are required in all public indoor spaces at UBC.
- Proof of full vaccination (two doses) will be required to access indoor non-academic events.
- If you feel unwell, please stay home and use the BC Self-Assessment Tool for guidance.