This unique award has been established to support an Aboriginal student pursuing his or her undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Arts who demonstrates leadership and has overcome adversity in completing their degree. The award is made on the recommendation of the Faculty of Arts, in consultation with the First Nations House of Learning. This award is endowed and as such will vary in amount each year. The award total for 2019/2020 is $2,500.
You must be recognized by UBC as an Aboriginal student studying within the Faculty of Arts and registered in at least 3 credits during the 2019 Winter session.
- Resume: which includes all activities relating to community involvement with dates (maximum two pages)
- Personal Statement: focusing on your community involvement and ways in which you have demonstrated leadership, positive influence and strength of purpose (maximum two pages)
- 2 Reference Letters: letters must be submitted to us separately (outside of the application form you will complete). When deciding on your references please consider two references who can comment on your leadership and community involvement (Faculty, Employers, Managers, or recent High School Teachers). Reference letters should be submitted electronically and will only be accepted from professional e-mail accounts, personal-mail accounts such as Yahoo, Gmail etc will not be accepted. Reference letters should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Candidates are selected by an Arts Adjudication Committee. In selecting recipients, consideration is given to:
- Community Involvement: Recipients of this scholarship will provide evidence of extensive involvement in activities at School, in the Community and/or at the National/International level. Leadership and a passion for giving back or providing aid should be highlighted.
- We encourage you to have your Personal Statement and Resume ready to be uploaded at the time you begin your application. You will also have the option to save and continue should you need to.
- Reference letters should be submitted electronically and will only be accepted from professional e-mail accounts, personal-mail accounts such as Yahoo, Gmail etc will not be accepted. Reference letters should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: October 15th, 2019
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.