Academic Advisors are ready to help you design and navigate your academic journey at UBC through online workshops.
First-year planning workshops – for new students
If you are an incoming first-year Arts student and want to be prepared for course registration, we recommend that you attend the series of first-year planning workshops, where you will be guided through sections of Arts Advising’s First-year planning tool. Workshops are conducted before the winter registration period (May-July). Registration will close at 9am on the day of the workshop.
- First-year planning part 1: Explore your interests and programs
- First-year planning part 2: Explore first-year study options
- First-year planning part 3: Explore degree requirements
- First-year planning part 4 & 5: Visualize your plan and get ready for registration
- First-year planning part 6: Resources for your first year
- First-year planning: Full overview of the first-year planning tool
Registration tutorials – for new students and transfer students
If you are an incoming first-year Arts student or a transfer student from another institution, we recommend that you attend a registration tutorial.
- First-year online registration tutorial – June 25
- First-year online registration tutorial – June 26
- Transfer student registration tutorial – July 2
- Transfer student registration tutorial – July 3
Special focus workshops
If you are new to the Faculty of Arts, we recommend that you attend a series of three “Chart your degree” workshops in September.
- Chart Your Degree Part 1: Degree Requirements
- Chart Your Degree Part 2: Degree Navigator
- Chart Your Degree Part 3: Transfer Credits