Academic Advisors are ready to help you design and navigate your academic journey at UBC through online workshops.
First-Year Planning Workshops
Attend this series of online workshops hosted by Arts Advisors and Peer Advisors to get course-planning support while you work through the First-Year Planning Guide.
If you cannot make the live presentation, a recording will be available on this page 1–2 days after each session.
- First-Year Planning Part 1: Exploring Your Interests – June 7, 12 p.m. Watch a recording of this workshop.
- First-Year Planning Part 2: Choosing Your First-Year Study Option – June 14, 12 p.m. Watch a recording of this workshop.
- First-Year Planning Part 3: Understanding Credit and Degree Requirements – June 18, 12 p.m.
- First-Year Planning Part 4: Visualizing Your First-Year Plan – June 25, 12 p.m.
- First-Year Planning Part 5: Discovering UBC Resources – July 12, 12 p.m.
- First-Year Planning: Full Overview of the First-Year Planning Guide – July 5, 12 p.m.
First-Year Registration Tutorials
Get ready to register for courses by attending an online workshop.
- First-Year Registration Tutorial – July 2, 12 p.m.
- First-Year Registration Tutorial – July 5, 2 p.m.
Transfer Student Workshops
Get course planning and registration support from Arts Academic Advising in these online workshops.
- Transfer Student Course Planning Workshop – July 9, 12 p.m.
- Transfer Student Registration Tutorial – July 12, 2 p.m.
Get targeted support on choosing your major, understanding degree requirements, or reading your degree navigator report.
Chart Your Degree: Degree Requirements
As an Arts student, you are required to fulfill the faculty-wide requirements for your degree, as well as the requirements for your specific program.
View a recording of this workshop (originally presented on September 15, 2020).
Chart Your Degree: Degree Navigator
If you are new to UBC, we recommend you take the “Degree Requirements” workshop before attending “Degree Navigator.”
View a recording of this workshop (originally presented on September 11, 2020).
Choosing Your Major
For students who do not yet have a major.
View a recording of this workshop (originally presented on September 10, 2020).
- Planning For Your Major
- Minor in Commerce Info Session
- Interdisciplinary Studies Program Information Session
Exploring Programs with Degree Navigator
In this one-hour workshop, you will learn how to explore programs and connect your degree plan to your Degree Navigator report through a case study and guided activities. Watch a video about accessing your Degree Navigator report.
This workshop is open to all Arts students, recommended for undeclared students (students without a major).
Enhancing Your Degree: Goals and Values
In this one-hour workshop, you will be guided by an Academic Advisor and a Career Strategist through exercises to help you think about your long-term goals and motivational values, as well as apply your goals and values to navigate your degree.
Strategies for Academic Success
In this one-hour workshop, you will hear from Arts Advisors, Peer Advisors, and Peer Academic Coaches on habits and strategies to support your academic success. You will leave with some tips and tricks to develop a plan to bolster your academic performance and experience in Term 2.
Planning for Graduation with Degree Navigator
In this one-hour workshop, you will be guided through a case study to use Degree Navigator to check for outstanding degree and program requirements for your final year. You will learn how to apply for graduation and approach searching for employment and other opportunities in a global pandemic. Watch a video about accessing your Degree Navigator report.
This workshop is open to all Arts students, recommended for graduating students.