Navigate your academic journey with peer-to-peer support from Arts Peer Advisors or Arts Peer Academic Coaches.
Arts Peer Advisors
After you’ve been admitted to UBC Arts, you’ll receive support from the Arts Peer Advisors who will help with the academic transition to UBC by sharing information on degree requirements, course selection, and the registration process.
If you have questions for Peer Advisors, use the Arts Advising contact form or the Faculty of Arts Facebook page.
Meet your Arts Peer Advisors
Arts Peer Academic Coaches
Connect with upper-year students that will work with you long term to meet your academic goals – AKA a coach.
Our coaches are friendly, inclusive, and knowledgeable upper-year students who:
- Know what it’s like to learn and study in UBC Arts
- Share a common goal of seeing other students succeed
- Are trained in self-regulated learning techniques to support student self-reflection and growth
- Can provide you with strategies and resources to improve your academic experience
- Study strategies
- Time management techniques
- Ways to approach academic tasks
- Campus involvement opportunities
Aspire Mentorship Program
In this program, you will be paired with a coach who will mentor you throughout Term 1. Participants will meet with their coach three times throughout the fall and will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program. Registration opens Sept 8 and closes Sept 30 at 11:59pm.
Starting September 21, 2020, Arts Peer Academic Coaches will be available for one-on-one virtual drop-in sessions.
For up-to-date drop-in hours and a link to the Zoom room, please visit: https://canvas.ubc.ca/courses/67840